- Information Collection and Use
- Personal Information submitted by you: You do not have to provide Personal Information in order to visit the Site; however, if you opt to receive email communications from us (such as the Jen Yocum weekly newsletter), enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey, make an inquiry, send us an email, or purchase products, you may need to provide your name, email address, and other personally-identifying information. This information is necessary to provide the content and services that you request. We may also use this information to customize your experience using the Site or to notify you of additional content and services in which you may be interested. Please note that you may opt-out of any email communications from the Site by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email from the Site.
- Non-identifying information:
- We may collect general, statistical information about the Site and its visitors, such as IP addresses, pages viewed, dates and times of visit, referring URLs, browser types, types of operating systems used, number of visitors, and content and services purchased, etc. In doing so we do not reference you by name, email address, home address, or telephone number. We use this data in aggregate to determine how people use parts of the Site so that we can improve the Site.
- We may work with third-party advertising companies, who may use information about your visit to the Site in order to provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on the Site and on third-party web sites. While we may provide statistical, non-identifying information to third parties, we do not provide Personal Information without your permission.
- Sharing of data with third parties: We may share information when necessary, including when complying with subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes; preventing fraud, illegal activities, or imminent harm; and ensuring the security of our network and services. We do not rent, sell, or share any information about you with third parties, under any circumstances, except as provided herein.
- Cookies and Tracking
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that our web server places on a user’s computer hard drive to be a unique identifier. We may set and access cookies to enable use of the Site and its services and to track usage patterns and deliver customized content to our users. Our cookies do not collect Personal Information, passwords, or credit card numbers. You may modify your browser preferences with regard to cookies; however, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to access the Site.
- Tracking: We use Google Analytics, which allows us to receive reports regarding website traffic and usage. We may also use Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, or other programs that market specific advertisements to the Site’s visitors. You may opt out of Google Analytics or customize Google Display ads by visiting the Ads Preference Manager at: google.com/settings/ads.
- Links to Other Web Sites.
- Service Providers.
- We may contract with other persons or entities whom we believe are trustworthy and have privacy practices consistent with our own (“Service Providers”), e.g., advertising, promotions, data analytics, data management, web hosting, and web development. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. Current Service Providers, include, but are not limited to: ActiveCampaign, Pop-Up Ally, Dropbox, PayPal, Stripe, MailChimp, Schedulicity, and AcuSimple.
- We are not responsible for, nor can we ensure, the data collection practices, privacy policies, or content of web sites maintained by third parties or our Service Providers, even if such sites are accessible through a link from the Site. We encourage you to review the policies of any external sites before providing Personal Information to these web sites.
- Social Media Engagement.
The Site may include links to various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. Social media can be a useful way for you to express yourself and opinion to others; however, when you post messages or otherwise use social media, the information that you provide may be publicly available to, collected by, and used by third parties. We are not responsible for any user-generated content, including messages, images, or disclosures of Personal Information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these social media platforms.
- Security Measures.
- We are strongly committed to protecting any Personal Information we collect against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We have implemented procedures to safeguard the integrity of this information, such as monitoring and reviewing our security measures, use of a secure server, and information transmission via Secure Socket Layer “SSL” technology. These security procedures are integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of this Site as part of our continuing commitment to the security of the Site.
- While we take reasonable measures to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security or privacy of your Personal Information, so we strongly recommend that you use anti-virus and anti-malware software, firewalls, and other security measures to protect yourself.
- Policy Regarding Children
- We recognize the need to provide additional privacy protections when children visit this Site. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that we inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of children and that we obtain the consent of parents and guardians of children under 13 years of age who wish to use certain features of the Site.
- The Site is directed to people who are at least 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, but at least 13 years of age, you may access the Site only with the permission of your parent or guardian. We do not collect any Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age.
- While we have no way of distinguishing the age of individuals who access the Site, we never knowingly ask a child under the age of 18 to divulge Personal Information without first obtaining parental or guardian consent. If you think that your child has provided us with Personal Information without the necessary consent, please contact us at email@example.com to remove the information.
- Changes and Notification.
Last modified: December 1, 2017